Thursday, April 11, 2013

Socks and Sweater

Look at these pretty socks.
 Louisa - one of our customers - came in to show me her socks.
  Little did she know I was going to ask her to model them for the blog.

Louisa used our Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk Paints
This yarn is a merino superwool / mulberry silk blend.
It feels so wonderful to knit with and to wear.
It would also make an absolutely beautiful shawl, cowl or wrap.
Thanks Lousia for letting me take a picture of your socks!

I have finished knitting my 
Antler Cardigan by TinCanKnits.
I used Cascade Yarns - Cascade 220 Superwash in the colour of the year.
We carry a good selection of TinCanKnit patterns - 2 very talented Canadian designers.
More of their patterns are in the mail to us as I do this post.
 This picture without the buttons is before I blocked it.
Again before I blocked it but with the buttons sewn on.
Wow, my sweater is blocked and it looks so nice and it fits perfectly.
Blocking did not change the colour - the computer did that.
You take a lot of time knitting your projects - so be sure to take time to block them.
If you do not know about "blocking" be sure to drop by and ask Linda or myself for some help.
You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment