Thursday, May 27, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
CABIN FEVER IS AT IT AGAIN
We are glad and you will you be also!
For those of you who do not know - Cabin Fever in an Ontario pattern company owned and operated by sisters Linda and Deb Gemmell. They are know for their well written patterns!
- other knit from the bottom up
- cardigans, hoodies, tunics and sweaters
- scarves - ribbed, waffle, zigzag and cable
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
We will be hosting our second WORLD WIDE KNIT IN PUBLIC DAY at the shop.
We would love for you to be part of the day.
Come for the day or drop in for a visit.
Have a great time with other knitters and crocheters.
We have lots planned to make it a FUN day for you!
see what is new in the knitting world
visit with others who love to knit and crochet
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
The show room was set up with attractive displays showing new fall yarns and sample garments from about 15+ different companies. The big question was where to begin - there was so much to see, think about, etc. I am always on the lookout to get the perfect yarns for all of you. It is always a challenge - but a fun one - as there are so many choices - actually too many!
We did bring back to the shop 2 very, very large bags of "new" yarns for your knitting/crocheting pleasure. Here is a quick preview of what was in those bags.
- a really fun quick knit baby yarn
- a pretty silky dk yarn yarn with little "add ons" - great for a summer accessory scarf
- sock yarn - new to us - Malabrigo - been told everyone loves it - so here is your chance to try it
- sock yarn by Austermann
- baby colours in Viking Milk Fibre - been waiting a long time for these
- more "Cocoon" like yarn in bi-colours - remember those quick fashionable loopy scarves
- the big news - Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky - the name says it all
- patterns and books for the above
Words cannot really describe the above properly - you have to come in and see all of these yarns for yourself. Admire, touch and fall in love with them. Just trying to make room for all of them on the shelves. As a result we have put some items on SALE.
All I can tell you now is that the knitting yarn world is really strong and better than ever. Georgetown Yarn will do their best to bring the newest and the most interesting yarns and patterns to you.
PS. Don't forget about the SALE. Check out the baskets on the front porch, sale bins through out the shop and in the sale area.
PS. Will send more pictures when things are more organized.