Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sakura - what is it!

Sakura is a wonderful new yarn in the shop.
 Actually there are two  Sakura yarns 
Sakura Silk - a silk/cotton/acrylic blend
and Sakura Cotton - a cotton/acrylic/silk blend
This yarn feels wonderful and it is so much fun to knit with. 
It is a self patterning yarn that does all the work - you "just" knit or crochet with it.
The 2 yarns actually look the same and feel quite similar but as you can see
  they are made of similar fibres but a different blend of each.
 I decided to knit a shawl using the Sakura Silk -
 I felt it would show off the self pattern yarn very nicely - which it does.
I used Cabin Fever pattern #92
- Judy's Ruffled Shawlette.
 Here is our finished project. I hope you like it as much as I do.
The shawl is hanging crooked in the picture because it was really windy when I took it
 but it actually drapes beautifully.
Sakura is a kw weight yarn - some free patterns for it just arrived.
- hat, scarf, shrug, fingerless gloves.
Come in a touch our sample and you will fall in love with Sakura.


1 comment:

  1. A friend game some of this yarn and I'm trying to find a suitable pattern. What does KW Weight Yarn mean?

    ReplyDelete